Leave Feedback

Man charged in ex’s beating

Courtney Astolfi • Aug 27, 2014 at 2:38 PM

A Sandusky man was arrested on a string of felonies Tuesday morning, after he allegedly broke into his ex-girlfriend’s home and beat her unconscious.

Stanley Keahey, 31, of the 200 block of Perry St., was charged with aggravated robbery and aggravated burglary, both first-degree felonies, and intimidating a crime victim and domestic violence, both third-degree felonies. He was also charged with two counts of misdemeanor child endangering, telephone harassment and a protection order violation.

Later in the day he also landed charges of disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and marijuana possession.

Shortly after 6 a.m. Tuesday, Sandusky officers arrived at a Prospect Street home to find the mother of Keahey’s daughter bleeding from the mouth, according to a police report. Before paramedics spirited her away to Firelands Regional Medical Center for treatment, the woman told officers Keahey attacked her.

She said she was in bed with her current boyfriend when Keahey somehow appeared in her bedroom, repeatedly punching and kicking her head and body until she blacked out, the report said.

Her boyfriend fumbled to put his clothes on, and later he offered no explanation as to why he allowed the assault to continue, Sandusky police Lt. Richard Braun said.

When the woman came to, Keahey was gone and $400 was missing from her purse. The woman’s boyfriend said Keahey dumped the purse’s contents after the assault and made off with the cash, the report said. Keahey also allegedly kicked and broke a glass table before exiting out the front door.

Upon inspecting the scene, officers determined the intruder likely entered through a rear kitchen window. They found a window shade draped over a chair and a screen pushed up. Officers were able to lift fingerprints off the glass.

Upon her release from the hospital, Keahey texted the victim, allegedly using a cell phone he stole from her purse, the report said. The text stated: “3 strikes ur out its a rap 4 u I anit even dne yet just gttin start it.”

Officers caught up to Keahey about eight hours later, when they responded to a incident at a Perry Street home where Keahey and his cousin were arguing about the cousin’s girlfriend. Keahey’s phone number was listed in the cousin’s phone, police said.

While Keahey accused his cousin of striking him with a car, officers didn’t issue charges because of conflicting stories. They forwarded a report to the prosecutor’s office for review, Braun said.

Paramedics then took Keahey to the hospital, where he sexually harassed women staff members, according to a report. He also shouted obscenities when his mother was not allowed to visit him, and he pulled away from a doctor who was trying to treat him.

Keahey’s mother later told police the mother of Keahey’s daughter was assaulted by her current boyfriend that morning, not by Keahey, Braun said.

Keahey remains in the Erie County jail on $80,000 bond.

Recommended for You