Leave Feedback

Bennett drops out

Sandusky Register Staff • Oct 4, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Jason Bennett, previously a fifth Perkins school board candidate, did not attend the Register’s debate Thursday despite confirming his attendance this past month. When contacted Thursday night, Bennett said he withdrew from the race. Two other candidates think “ideologically similar to him” and it didn’t make sense to segment votes from like-minded voters, he said.


“Opposed to all three of us splitting the votes and possibly none of us getting on the board, I decided to drop out and let the people I think should be on the board get my votes,” Bennett said. “We don’t need three people of our ideology running for two slots on the board.”

Bennett is co-chair of the Citizens for Perkins Schools levy committee. He said he plans to remain involved in the district.

Recommended for You