Leave Feedback

Two shooting suspects arrested

Courtney Astolfi • Sep 25, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Sandusky police arrested two suspects and are searching for a third allegedly involved a Monday-morning shooting on Eddy Henry Way.

Morgan Weatherspoon, 20, of the 1200 block of Buchanan St., was charged with complicity to attempted murder and complicity to attempted aggravated robbery.

Stanley Frankart, 22, of the 1900 block of Adrian Circle, was charged with attempted murder and aggravated robbery.

A third man is still on the run, but detectives believe he’s still hiding somewhere in the Sandusky area. Jaron “David” Ashburn, 23, of the 2700 block of Carbon Ave., is wanted on the same charges as Frankart, Sandusky police Detective Gary Wichman said.

Anyone with information on Ashburn’s whereabouts can call police at 419-627-5858.

“Anonymous tips and a review of phone records basically broke (the case) open,” Wichman said.

Lee Donald, 34, was inside his Eddy Henry Way house at 4 a.m. Monday when someone began pounding on the front door. When he peeled back a curtain, someone fired a single 9mm round through the window. The bullet pierced Donald’s left temple and exited his skull behind the left ear, Wichman said.

Donald remains at Firelands Regional Medical Center, where he’s expected to make a full recovery other than suffering some possible hearing loss, Wichman said.

Weatherspoon was arrested Monday night, while deputies located Frankart in Ottawa County the following day.

Phone records, witness testimony and anonymous tips led detectives to Weatherspoon’s home, which Frankart and Ashburn allegedly used as a staging area for the planned robbery of Donald’s home, Wichman said.

“She enabled these two,” Wichman said. “She offered them information about different things in Donald’s home.”

Weatherspoon was an on-again, off-again girlfriend of Donald’s, Wichman said. She was not present during Monday’s robbery.

Donald was known to be flashy with his money, and he was carrying $1,000 cash Monday morning, Wichman said. He also had quite a few expensive items in his home.

Officers originally held another woman for questioning on Monday, but they later released her after determining she was not involved.

Recommended for You