Limberios shooting saga
Limberios investigation remains incomplete
Mar 24, 2013 at 7:55 AM
Dean Henry, the attorney appointed to defend county officials in a lawsuit seeking a ruling in the gun death of 19-year-old Jacob Limberios, who is also heading up the investigation of the of the previous investigations into the death, said Monday the latest investigation is still not finished.
"The Limberios investigation is not completed," Henry wrote in an email responding to an inquiry from the Register. "When the investigation is completed, a final report will issue."
A copy of the report will be posted at sanduskyregister.com when it becomes available.
Sheriff's detective Sean O'Connell about a month ago said the investigation was more than 90 percent complete. There was also an indication at the last court hearing the investigation had been completed.
Henry and O'Connell have disagreed in the past about the quality of witness statements, with O'Connell suggesting the statements were inconsistent and Henry telling a Cleveland news reporter the witnesses have since Day One provided consistent accounts of what occurred the night Limberios was killed.
Henry gave no indication when the current investigation would be finished.
Click here to read previous stories.