Leave Feedback

Burned snack prompts fire response

Andy Ouriel • Jan 13, 2013 at 4:33 PM

But Sandusky firefighters quickly ventilated the home, within the 1200 block of Avondale Street inside the Village Square Apartments, before a fire broke out.

About 20 firefighters and police officers responded to the scene around 12:45 a.m. 


So many emergency personnel arrived on scene because the call originally came in as a working structure fire.


Firefighters, however, immediately fanned out the apartment and removed any threats from those living around the area by 1:15 a.m.


"There was just food on the stove, someone left the burner on and it smoked up the apartment," Sandusky fire Capt. Jim Green said.


All personnel left the scene just before 2 a.m.

Recommended for You