Calling all bands! Do you know how to rock out? Then prove it. Funcoast.com will be accepting submissions for the 2011 Ohio Bike Week Battle of the Bands from April 11-29 at 5 p.m.
If you’re selected as one of our five finalists, you’ll get the chance to perform live at the Ohio Bike Week Battle of the Bands on June 3. The lucky winners will open for Jackyl on June 4 at the Erie County Fairgrounds.
Funcoast.com will be accepting submissions from April 11 through April 29 at 5 p.m.
Think you’ve got what it takes? All you have to do is submit your materials to email@example.com. Be sure to include "Battle of the Bands" in the subject line.
Here’s what you’ll need to include in your submission email:
- Band title and member names
- One-song demo (in mp3 format) - please include name of song in your email
- A short biography of the band
- A high-resolution photo (JPEG format)
- Contact info
Voting will take place on Funcoast.com from May 9-23. If you have any questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Funcoast.com will not be returning any OBW Battle of the Bands submissions. Any submissions that don’t include all of the above requirements will not be counted.
Entry Period: April 11-29
- Applicants must submit all of the above information in an email to email@example.com
Voting Period: May 9-23
- The top entries will be posted at Funcoast.com with a music sample, bio and a voting link.
- Selected finalists will be notified directly beginning the week of May 23
- Guest judges will judge the selected finalists at the 2011 Battle of the Bands on June 3.
Award to the Winning Band:
- The winner of the 2011 Battle of the Bands will be awarded the right to perform as one of the opening acts for Jackyl on June 4.
Requirements for Chosen Bands:
- Bands must have enough material to cover a one-hour set
- Bands may perform covers, but are required to play some original material
- Applicants agree that if they are chosen to perform they will do so free of charge and must supply all their own equipment, excluding P.A., mics, lighting and any other miscellaneous items that would be used for normal shows performed at the Broken Spoke.
A panel of three guest judges will utilize the procedures listed below.
- The five bands who have made the finals (as chosen by voting on Funcoast.com) must each perform within the 30 minutes allotted: one point will be deducted for every minute over or under the time limit
- Musicianship: points on a scale of 1-10 will be awarded to each band based upon excellence of musical proficiency
- Crowd Interaction: points on a scale of 1-10 will be awarded based on the band’s aptitude in developing a dynamic interaction with the audience
- Crowd Response: points on a scale of 1-10 will be awarded based on the positive or negative response of the audience to the performance
Bands participating in the 2011 Ohio Bike Week Battle of the Bands will not be paid.