“The world is full of people who are guided by good intentions; what we need is more follow-through. Instead of ‘we almost’ let the world say about us, ‘we did’ “
– Pulpit Helps Magazine
• Volunteers are needed at a local food bank to help stock shelves and distribute food.
• If you enjoy sewing you could help sew turbans and hats for cancer patients.
• Clothing, blankets, sheets and toiletries are needed by a local agency.
• Used medical equipment like shower chairs and wheelchairs are being requested by an organization so they can loan them to their clients.
• A local medical facility needs volunteers to work at a reception desk 9 a.m.-1 p.m. or 5-9 p.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
• A local nonprofit coffee shop needs a volunteer to assist customers and run the cash register.
• Volunteers are needed to help in a nursing home gift shop on 9-11:30 a.m. or 12:30-3 p.m. weekdays.
• If you would like to bring some light and joy into senior citizens’ lives, volunteer to help with activities at a local nursing home. You could play Bingo, do sing-a-longs, play Trivia, do puzzles or help with other fun activities.
• Volunteers are needed to help low and moderate income families file their taxes. Training is provided and hours are flexible.
• Have something in mind you’d like to help with, but don’t know where to begin? Call us. We’ll help you find just the right opportunity based on your talents, schedule and interests.
• Women of Excellence nominations are now being accepted. If you know of a woman who volunteers her time and talents in an exemplary manner all year long, this is the chance for her to get the recognition she deserves. Call 419-627-0074 for details.