“Santa Claus is anyone who loves another and seeks to make them happy; who gives himself by thought or word or deed in every gift that he bestows; who shares his joys with those who are sad; whose hand is never closed against the needy; whose arm is ever outstretched to aid the weak; whose sympathy is quick and genuine in time of trouble; who recognizes a comrade and brother in every man he meets upon life’s common road; who lives his life throughout the entire year in the Christmas spirit….” from The Book of Santa Claus, Edwin Osgood Grover
• A Volunteer is needed to work in a gift shop either 9-11:30 a.m. or 12:30-3 p.m. Mondays-Fridays.
• If you got new electronics for Christmas and the old ones don’t work, bring them to The Volunteer Center for recycling.
• Volunteers are needed to help seniors and other community members prepare simple tax returns. Training is provided and hours are flexible.
• If Santa brought you new coats and clothing, and you want to make room in your closet, remember the clothing banks in town need clothing to give to your fellow citizens.
• Would you like to help a senior citizen? Think about becoming a guardian. No legalities involved. You just make sure they are not taken advantaged of by anyone.
• A local food pantry needs help with janitorial work and housekeeping duties. Hours are flexible.
• Infant clothing and supplies like bottles, formula, and diapers are needed by a local agency.
• Volunteers are needed the third Saturday of each month to help distribute food at a local food pantry.
• If you like horses, a therapeutic riding program would love to have volunteers to help care for the horses so children and adults with disabilities can continue to ride.