Make someone’s holiday bright
Dec 2, 2013 at 9:25 PM
“It doesn’t matter if the glass is half empty or half full. Be thankful that you have a glass and grateful that there’s something in it” — Mary Kallahassy
• Volunteers are needed to help with child care 6-8 p.m. Mondays at a local nonprofit agency while parents are taking classes upstairs.
• Many nursing homes are looking for someone who can sing or play an instrument to entertain their residents this holiday season.
• If you have experience with QuickBooks, a local food pantry would like help with very basic bookkeeping.
• Holiday bell ringers are needed at various locations during December.
• Do you like to sew? You could help make simple costumes from the comfort of your own home.
• A children’s toy museum is looking for individuals to be tour guides.
• Christmas wrapping paper is needed by a local agency for presents for children.
• A senior center is looking for a Wii and some exercise programs. Maybe you have something like this you never use?
• Canned fruits and gently used small toys are needed by a local food pantry.
• Used hearing aids and eyeglasses are being collected by two local agencies.
• Various organizations are signing up new board members.
Whatever your interest, there’s a position for you.
• ‘Tis the Season! Secret Santa’s are needed to provide presents for children who otherwise might not receive gifts on Christmas morning.
• And please remember, if you receive any new electronics this holiday, we’ll be happy to recycle your old electronics. Just call us for drop-off arrangements.