I've had conversations throughout our community in the past couple months about what people would like to see at our website and you may have noticed a few changes here and there.
I'm opening a week-long dialogue for suggestions from you and will be checking back here as much as possible.
Tell me what you like, what you don't like and what you would like to see added here at the website.
I look forward to your responses...I think.
Day 1 UPDATE:
Here's a list of suggestions so far. Please keep the conversation going, I don't see comments going away in the foreseeable future. "It takes a community...." can have more meaning than just raising children.
• Thumbs Up/Thumbs down option- This was mentioned several times and I agree it would be a great addition to our comments section. And it ties in with what our editorial board already does.
• Student blogs- We did try adding the announcements from a couple schools a few years back. I will see what we can do with the local schools.
• Fishing/Outdoor blog- Great idea and we will get something going soon.
• Sue Daugherty blog- She has one and we just started putting it online the past couple weeks. It can be found by clicking HERE
• Investment blog- Andy Waldock writes a weekly column and we will re-purpose it for online use as a blog.
• Good things blog- We started to post the Volunteer Center's column each week with volunteer opportunities, but I would welcome any further positive additions to our site. Anyone have any ideas on who could write it?
• Non-anonymous commenting (Not Facebook/Twitter-based): This is the big one and we are working on it. Thank you for the input.
• Get rid of Sharon Johnson blog- Sharon has a voice and puts her name behind her statements. She sparks dialogue and I don't see her going anywhere soon as we are looking to add to our site.