“The people who make a difference are not the ones with the credentials, but the ones with the concern.” – Max Lucado
• Volunteers are needed to help distribute food at a food pantry the third Saturday of each month.
• Individuals or families can help clean and set up for upcoming shows at a local theater between Nov. 11 and 14.
• New or gently used children’s and men’s coats are needed by clothing banks now that it is getting cold.
• Volunteer tour guide positions are available for the Old House Guild Tour of Homes this year.
• Two local soup kitchens are hoping for donations of canned fruit, vegetables and peanut butter.
• Volunteers are needed to help an agency with a fun wine tasting event at Kalahari. You will be working with judges, doing some paperwork and pouring wine. Hours begin at 7:30 a.m. and end early evening. Lunch is provided. Pick any amount of time, any day through Nov. 7.
• Someone who can help design a web site is needed to update a page for a nonprofit trying to raise funds for children with disabilities.
• Small toys and children’s paperback books are needed for Christmas gift boxes.
• People with light clerical skills are always welcome to help at a local health care facility.
• Tooth brushes, tooth paste and other personal products are needed for gift bags for the elderly.
• There’s an agency who could use any extra wrapping paper, bows or shoe boxes you may have.
• A local church is looking for someone to complete a small interior painting project before Dec. 1.
• Join us for Family Volunteer Day on Saturday, Nov. 23. They’ll be lots of fun and games for all ages at the Ohio Veteran’s Home.
More volunteer opportunities, with specific details, can be found at thevolunteercenter.com , by calling 419-627-0074, or stopping by our office at 300 Central Ave., Sandusky. Lend-a-Hand is written by the staff of The Volunteer Center, a United Way of Erie County partner agency.