If you’re one of the brave who plans to get up hours before the sun rises and fight your way through hordes of people to get your hands on some elusive deals, you’re probably not alone. Then again, if you prefer to remain on your couch, propped up in front of the TV while nursing a turkey hangover, we’re with you there, too.
That’s why the Funcoast crew will have an in-depth live blog on Friday. Our staff will be out and about gathering info, snapping photos and shooting videos of the Black Friday action. On Funcoast.com, we’ll have all of the continual coverage you need, including to-the-minute updates on what hot deals people are snatching up, what the season’s must-have items are, how long some die-hard shoppers have waited in line and plenty more.
Also, we’ve got more great news for you —Funcoast and 4194U are hosting a splendid holiday giveaway. Just text the word “HOLIDAY” to 4194U (41948), and you’ll be entered for the chance to win a $100 Visa gift card! The contest runs from 12 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 26 through 12 p.m. Monday, Nov. 29.
When to go...
Not every store opens at the same time. Here’s a list of opening times for local holiday hot spots, which will help you plan your route.
• Old Navy: 12 a.m.
• Kohl’s: 3 a.m.
• Elder Beerman: 3 a.m.
• J.C. Penney: 3:30 a.m.
• Macy’s: 4 a.m.
• Sears: 4 a.m.
• Target: 4 a.m.
• Best Buy: 5 a.m.
• Sandusky Mall: 5 a.m.
Your guide to the best Black Friday apps
So, you want to get Dad a big-screen TV. How about an app that can pull prices from several stores, telling you where the best deal is? This saves you time, money and the hassle from having to run from store to store on Black Friday (and as you know, Milan Rd. can get pretty insane). Save your sanity and check out these top-rated apps.
For Android and iPhone:
• Black Friday App — This allows you to view retailer “leaked” and confirmed ads so you can brows all the deals in one place. You can save items to your own shopping list, go directly to retailer’s websites to buy online or find a store near you.
• Cost: Free
• For: iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and Android (Search “dealnews” in Android Market)
• My Christmas Gift List — This application helps you organize your Christmas shopping. It keeps everything in one place - contacts, budget, ideas and actual gifts - which makes life a lot easier (and shopping more enjoyable!).
• Cost: $1.99
• For: iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
• TGI Black Friday — This allows you to view Black Friday ads early for major retail stores, download PDF ad scans, create a personal shopping list, email your list to yourself or others and compare prices for items.
• Cost: Free
• For: Android