Whether you like scouring local shops and craft shows for awesome homemade finds or prefer to make your own, we’ve compiled this trusty guide to give you some options. You’ll find craft sessions with make-and-take projects, art classes, open houses, a vendor show and plenty more.Some of the events have class size limits, so you’ll want to call as soon as possible to check availability or reserve a spot.
Old-Fashioned Feather Tree Workshop
• WHEN: 6:30 p.m. Nov. 4
• WHERE: Frost Center at Osborn Park, 3910 Perkins Ave., Huron
• COST: $35
• INFO: 419-625-7783; registration required
Join Dennis Bauer as he instructs you in the fine art of feather tree construction.
Make Learning Merry: Christmas Card Holder
• WHEN: 10 a.m. Nov. 4
• WHERE: Merry-Go-Round Museum, 301 Jackson St., Sandusky
• COST: $18 (includes all materials)
• INFO: 419-626-6111; registration required
This paper crafting class will teach you how to make your own Christmas card holder.
Knit One, Library, Too
• WHEN: 6 p.m. Nov. 3
• WHERE: Sandusky Library, 114 W. Adams St., Sandusky
• COST: Free
• INFO: 419-625-3834
Whether you’re new to knitting or a seasoned pro, enjoy the company of fellow knitters in the Library’s Program Room. If you love knitting and are looking for advice on a new project, this is the place to be.
24th Annual Candlelight Open House
• WHEN: 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Nov. 5-6, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Nov. 7
• WHERE: Just For Ewe, 9523 E. Harbor Rd. (Rt. 163), Lakeside Marblehead
• COST: Free
• INFO: 419-798-5499 or christisjustforewe.com
This cool little shop is well worth the drive. Owner Christi Soski is well-versed in everything yarn and fiber arts, including raising the sheep, processing fibers, dyeing, spinning, weaving, felting, crocheting, knitting and designing patterns. The main shop includes clothing, jewelry and accessories, and there are all sorts of other gifts. This open house features free gourmet treats, live music from harpist Karen Westgate, lots of surprises and door prizes.
Art After Hours
• WHEN: 5 p.m. Nov. 5
• WHERE: Jodie McCallum & Co. Fine Art Gallery, 724 W. Main St., Marblehead
• COST: Free
• INFO: 419-798-3318 or jodiemccallum.com
The “Art After Hours,” held on the first Friday of every month, has become somewhat of a local tradition. There, visitors can enjoy an evening of food, wine and good conversation (and even meet the artists). The gallery claims to boast “the most eclectic collection of artists in Marblehead,” so you’ll be able to see a nice variety. Oh, and did we mention there are door prizes?
Paint Your Own Wine Glass
• WHEN: 5:30, 6:30 & 7:30 p.m. Nov. 5
• WHERE: Matus Winery, 15674 Gore Orphanage Rd., Wakeman
• INFO: 440-774-9463 or email@example.com; registration required
Visit one of our area’s most charming wineries, enjoy a glass of vino and unleash some creative energy.
Oil Painting Class
• WHEN: 9 a.m.-12 p.m. Nov. 6
• WHERE: Bellevue Society for the Arts, 205 Maple St., Bellevue
• INFO: 419-484-2787 or bellevuearts.net
Instructed by Connaught Cullen, this class will be held in the Terra/Kern Center studio lobby.
Tiffin Glass Collector’s Fall Show
• WHEN: 10 a.m. Nov. 6, 11 a.m. Nov. 7
• WHERE: School of Opportunity, 780 E. County Rd. 20, Tiffin
• COST: $3/adult, kids are free
• INFO: 419-447-5505
Enjoy a show that spotlights beautiful Tiffin Glasswares, other fine glassware, furniture, china, silver and antiques. But that’s not all — lunch is available if you want to make a day of it, and door prizes will be given away.
• WHEN: 12 p.m. Nov. 7
• WHERE: D & D Smith Winery, 401 W. Main St., Norwalk
• COST: Free
• INFO: 419-577-0242
If you want to take a laid-back approach to holiday shopping, this is a good way to start. Plenty of vendors will be set up at D & D, and you can paint your own wine glass, purchase treats from a Dove chocolatier and more. For bored husbands, the Browns-Patriots game will be on the big screens at 1 p.m. Once all that shopping makes you hungry, enjoy some soup and other finger foods.
Thanksgiving Centerpiece Class
• WHEN: 6 p.m. Nov. 9
• WHERE: Tre Sorelle Cioccolato, 634 Columbus Ave., Sandusky
• COST: $25/student
• INFO: 419-502-2462; registration required
If you like your crafts on the edible side, this delicious project is for you. Adults ages 16 and up will make a centerpiece for their Thanksgiving table — out of chocolate. The 3D cornucopia will be made from milk, dark or white chocolate and filled with solid